Sunday, September 25, 2011



My family tradition: Traditions are usually actions or beliefs that are handed down over time. Often each family has its own tradition that pass through generations.
           In my family we consider a tradition to have lunch all together every Sunday. Often we invite friends or other family members, like aunts, uncles, grandparents and cousins. Customary we barbecue souvlakia, sheftalies, halloumi and pita. My dad is in charge of the barbecue while my mum makes salads or any other appetizers. Us, me and my siblings will help with making the table or during the summer we swim in our swimming pool. Our guests will usually bring drinks or desserts. When everything is ready we all sit around the table and eat while discussing matters of the week. What makes it special is that during the week everybody is busy and every Sunday we have the chance to meet with each other, talk and have fun.
             This is a tradition that both my parents got from their own families, since they used to gather every Sunday and eat together, especially my mum's family.I plan to keep on this tradition when I have my own family because I think it is very important for a family to gather around at least once a week. More over thinking of how much fun we have every Sunday is another reason why I want to keep on this tradition. I would also like my own children to realize the importance of this tradition and hand it down to their own children and so on.
                  I am always looking forward to Sundays since for me they are the most fun days of the week because I have a chance to be with my family and friends and have my favorite food with out worrying about any home work.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment